The Fine Print
Terms of Service
- OUR POLICY -We will always be fair with you, and give a clear description of your computer problem. We will explain the pros and cons of the different options for repairing your computer and give you the most accurate estimate possible. We have a 1 hour base charge for all services rendered outside of our office. And a ½ hour minimum charge for all remote work. This minimum may increase depending on the travel distance to your location, please see section 4 for more information.
- GUARANTEE OF WORK – Software repairs are guaranteed for 30 days. Guarantees on hardware repairs will be based on the manufacturer’s warranty. If a used part or computer is involved, the guarantee is 30 days unless otherwise stated. If there is a problem with the service or part provided you may contact us within the specified timeframe, we will work to resolve the problem at no additional cost to you. If it is determined that the problem was caused by a program, device or entity that is beyond our control, additional charges may apply.
- ESTIMATES – An initial estimate must be signed by the client before any work is performed.
- INVOICING/METHODS OF PAYMENT – Any business has the option of being invoiced for any service provided. You will have 5 business days to make the full payment. If you have not paid within 5 business days, you will receive a paper copy of the invoice by mail. You 5 business days after that to make payment. On the 9th business day you will receive one final courtesy call. Starting on the 10th business day, a fee of 2 % interest will be charged on the unpaid amount, compounded weekly until the balance is paid in full. Interest will be capped at 18% annually on past due invoices. For residential customers, payment is due in full at the time services are rendered. We accept cash, checks and credit cards. Returned checks are subject to a $25.00 fee.
- TRIP FEES – If the computer to be serviced is located more than 20 miles from your assigned Kelley Brothers IT, Inc., Inc. location we reserve the right to charge travel expenses at a rate of $.50 /mile. Depending on the distance we also reserve the right to require a 2 hour minimum charge in addition to the travel charge.
- TIMELINESS – Appointments are scheduled within one hour blocks (e.g. 10-11 AM). If the technician is running late, you will receive a call to reschedule not more than a half hour into the block (e.g., by 10:30 AM in the above example). We reserve the right to reschedule any appointment due to other emergencies. If you need to cancel a service call, Kelley Brothers IT, Inc., Inc. requires at least 1 hours notice of cancellation prior to the scheduled performance of services.
- INITIAL EQUIPMENT REVIEW – Upon taking initial possession of the item to be diagnosed or repaired, the Kelley Brothers IT, Inc., Inc. representative in charge will note any existing damage to the machine in question. These notes may include photographs.
- DATA BACKUP – You understand and agree that prior to contacting or allowing a technician to perform any repair on your computer, it is your responsibility to back-up the data, software, information or other files stored on your computer disks and/or drives. You acknowledge and agree that Kelley Brothers IT, Inc., Inc. shall not be responsible under any circumstance for any loss or corruption of data and/or software.
- ACCESS – The technician must receive full access to the computer(s) and/or peripheral(s) to be serviced, access to your residence, your consent and cooperation to enter your residence or business, and a safe working environment, working space and electrical power. If the technician arrives at the scheduled service time and determines that he/she does not reasonably have the access, cooperation, or safe working area described in the previous sentence, then services may be denied and you will still incur the minimum service charge and any applicable travel charges.
- ADULT PRESENCE REQUIRED – For on-site services, a person of at least 18 years of age must be present during the entire time period services are provided. If the technician arrives at the scheduled service time and no adult is present, services may be denied and you will still incur the minimum service charge and any applicable travel charges.
- PART ORDERS – A customer may have to pay in full for a part before it is ordered. Unless the client directly pays for the parts, they will be shipped to your local Kelley Brothers IT, Inc., Inc. location. Even if a client directly pays for the parts and they are shipped to their location. The dispatched technician has the right to refuse to use the parts if they have been opened prior to his/ her arrival.
- LOANER COMPUTERS – You have the option of requesting a loaner computer that will be delivered to you, if there are any available, while your computer is being repaired. There will be an applicable loaner agreement that must be signed before the client takes possession of the equipment.
- STORAGE – If a computer is repaired at our shop, it will be stored for 7 days at no charge once work is completed. If you have not picked it up or scheduled delivery by that time, we will continue to store it for a fee of $15.00 per week. If the cost to repair a computer exceeds its value, and it is left at our shop more than 30 days, we will deem it abandoned, and reserve the right to recycle it, after ensuring all data has been deleted.
- PIRATED SOFTWARE – Under no circumstances do we work with pirated software (i.e. burned CDs).
- BILLING ERRORS – If a billing error is noticed, the customer should immediately contact Kelley Brothers IT, Inc. Refunds of over payments will be made for up to a maximum of three months, so customers are urged to check billing statements regularly. Additionally, Kelley Brothers IT, Inc. reserves the right to bill customers for accidental under-charges for a maximum of up to three months.
- REFUNDS – Refund requests must be done within three months of the initial service start date. Requests for refunds that are a result of customer’s failure to uphold their portion of this policy will not be honored. Any refunds of more than three months will not be processed.
- TERMINATION OF SERVICES – If the customer changes his/her mind about doing work with Kelley Brothers IT, Inc., the customer will be responsible for the amount of work already completed. Depending on the amount of work completed at the time of cancellation, this may mean receiving a full refund, a partial refund, no refund or owing additional fees. In order to protect customers from unintentional service interruption, customers wishing to terminate any services must request the service termination in writing.
- THIRD PARTY VENDORS –Third party vendors may have separate terms of service agreements. Kelley Brothers IT, Inc. cannot be held liable for disputes with third party vendors. Kelley Brothers IT, Inc. cannot be held responsible for lack of functionality or any other aspect of third party services.
- HEADINGS – The headings of these terms of service are for convenience of reference only, they are not part of this service policy and do not affect its interpretation.
- SEVERABILITY – If any provisions of these terms of service are invalid or unenforceable under any applicable statute or rule of law, then such provision will be deemed modified in order to conform with such statute or rule of law. Any provision hereof that may prove invalid or unenforceable under any law will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision hereof.
- REFUSAL OF SERVICE – Kelley Brothers IT, Inc. reserves the right to decline to do business with any customer for any reason.
- CHANGES TO POLICY –Kelley Brothers IT, Inc. reserves the right to change these policies at any time for any reason without notification. These policies are published on our website and are accessible via a link at bottom of our website. Customers are responsible for checking for policy changes.
- AGREEMENT TO POLICY – By using any of Kelley Brothers IT, Inc’s services, customers agree and understand these terms of service and all policy changes that have occurred since customer began using Kelley Brothers IT, Inc’s services.
Updated: May 14, 2019